The B9 is a free blowing, all-round trumpet with an open feel. It has an even sound throughout the range at all dynamic levels and is therefore suitable for all playing situations, whether classical, wind band, pop or big band. Due in part to its streamlined valve section and a slightly narrower tuning slide crook than other Van Laar trumpets, the 9 series trumpets offer fast response with great projection.
The B9 model is available with three different bells.
9.2 Fast taper: this model offers less resistance than the other trumpets in the series to produce a darker, rounder tone.
- ML bore: 11.7 mm (0.461″)
- Standard weight valve casing
- One-piece hand-hammered bell
- Bell material: yellow brass
- Bell diameter: 122 mm (4.807″)